Vistas de página en total

sábado, 24 de noviembre de 2012

LOCAL HERO


*....next song is a true story, it’s kind of sad though....I was passing through the town I grew up in and I looked into J.J.Newberry´s window and I saw a picture of myself, an artist’s interpretation of myself on a nice, big piece of black velvet....and the worst part was on one side Bruce Lee looked like he was about to kick me in the head there, on the other side there was a dog that wasn’t even looking my way, and the worst thing that happened was I wanted one, you know, so I sent Patti in, underneath was a big sign....in my own hometown, it said ´19.99´, so I hang it up in my house, you know, and, figured, you know, people´re gonna come in, everybody’s gonna get a big laugh out of it....one by one my friends came in and nobody laughed....that’s why it’s a sad story....´´ (22-09-1992, Los Angeles, CA)

LOCAL HERO

I was driving through my hometown
I was just kinda killin' time
When I seen a face staring out of a black velvet painting
From the window of the five and dime

I couldn't quite recall the name
But the pose looked familiar to me
So I asked the salesgirl "Who was that man
Between the doberman and Bruce Lee?"

She said "Just a local hero"
"Local hero" she said with a smile
"Yeah a local hero he used to live here for a while"

I met a stranger dressed in black at the train station
He said "Son your soul can be saved"
There's beautiful women, nights of low livin'
And some dangerous money to be made

There's a big town 'cross the whiskey line
And if we turn the right cards up
They make us boss the devil pays off
And them folks that are real hard up

They get their local hero
Somebody with the right style
They get their local hero
Somebody with just the right smile

Well I learned my job I learned it well
Fit myself with religion and a story to tell
First they made me the king then they made me pope
Then they brought the rope

I woke to a gypsy girl sayin' "Drink this"
Well my hands had lost all sensation
These days I'm feeling all right
Except I can't tell my courage from my desperation

From the tainted chalice
Well I drunk some heady wine
Tonight I'm layin' here
But there's something in my ear
Sayin' there's a little town just beneath the floodline

Needs a local hero
Somebody with the right style
Lookin' for a local hero
Someone with the right smile
Local hero local hero she said with a smile
Local hero he used to live here for a while



*....la próxima canción es una historia real, aunque algo triste… iba atravesando la ciudad en la que crecí y miré hacia la ventana del J.J.Newberry´s y vi una foto mía, una interpretación mía de un artista en un bonito marco grande de terciopelo negro… y lo peor era que al lado estaba Bruce Lee que parecía que iba a golpearme la cabeza, y en el otro lado había un perro que ni siquiera me miraba, y lo peor que pasó fue que yo quise uno, ya sabéis, así que envié a Patti a por él, debajo había un gran cartel… en mi propia ciudad, decía ’19.99’. Así que lo colgué en mi casa, ya sabéis, y suponía, bueno, que la gente llegaría y todo el mundo se iba a reír un montón con ello…pero uno tras otro, mis amigos iban entrando y nadie se reía…..así que por eso es una historia triste….  (22-09-1992, Los Ángeles, CA)

HÉROE LOCAL

Iba conduciendo a través de mi ciudad
Simplemente matando el tiempo
Y vi una cara mirando en un cuadro de terciopelo negro
Desde la ventana del " five and dime "

No podía recordar el nombre
Pero la pose me resultaba familiar
Así que pregunté a la vendedora "
¿Quién es ese hombre 
Entre el doberman y Bruce Lee?"

Dijo: "Sólo un héroe local"
"Héroe local" dijo con una sonrisa
"Si, un héroe local que vivió un tiempo por aquí”

Topé a un desconocido de negro en la estación del tren
Dijo "Hijo, tu alma puede salvarse"
Hay hermosas mujeres, noches de mala vida
Y algún dinero peligroso por hacer

Hay una gran ciudad tras la frontera del whisky
Y si sacas las cartas adecuadas
Nos hacen los jefes, el diablo paga
Y esos chicos que están en auténticos apuros

Consiguen a su héroe local
Alguien con el estilo adecuado
Consiguen a su héroe local
Alguien con la sonrisa adecuada

Aprendí mi trabajo, lo aprendí bien
Me aseguré religión y una historia que contar
Primero me coronaron rey, después me eligieron Papa
Después prepararon la soga

Me desperté con una gitana que dijo: "Bebe esto"
Y mis manos perdieron toda sensación
Estos días me siento muy bien
Excepto que no distingo mi coraje de mi desesperación

Desde corrupto cáliz
Bebí algo de vino embriagador
Esta noche descanso aquí
Pero hay alguna cosa en mi oído
Avisando que hay una pequeña ciudad bajo la inundación

Que necesita un héroe local
Alguien con el estilo adecuado
Buscando a un héroe local
Alguien con la sonrisa adecuada
“Héroe local, héroe local” dijo con una sonrisa
“Un héroe local que vivió un tiempo por aquí”




1992 - MTV



                             

2003 - Primera interpretación con la E Street Band






2013 - Con sección de vientos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario