Vistas de página en total

miércoles, 5 de diciembre de 2012

ADAM RAISED A CAIN


* Thank you. The "Darkness" songs are songs that I always return to. They're still some of my favorite to play. But "Adam Raised A Cain", that was religion, family, and somebody said that all rock angst boils down to daddy. And of course you know that, a certain amount, that is true. But I was talking to Bob Coles backstage and he said "man, those are early songs," and I said "yeah, I hope I'm not boring you in 'you're born in this life paying for the sins of somebody else's past', and I didn't spend a dime on analysis at that point." I wouldn't be as dumb as I look. But those are songs that I always go back to, they always hold something for me. And I carry on with this, with this religion, fathers and sons, family... Once you start mixing all those things together you are gonna deliver it, receive, and ask…(19-02-2003, Somerville, MA)

ADAM RAISED A CAIN

In the summer that I was baptized
My father held me to his side
As they put me to the water
He said how on that day I cried

We were prisoners of love
A love in chains
He was standin' in the door
I was standin' in the rain
With the same hot blood
Burning in our veins

Adam raised a Cain

All of the old faces
Ask you why you're back
They fit you with position
And the keys to your daddy's Cadillac

In the darkness of your room
Your mother calls you by your true name
You remember the faces, the places, the names
You know it's never over
It’s relentless as the rain

Adam raised a Cain

In the Bible Cain slew Abel
And East of Eden he was cast
You're born into this life paying
For the sins of somebody else's past

Daddy worked his whole life
For nothing but the pain
Now he walks these empty rooms
Looking for something to blame
You inherit the sins
You inherit the flames

Adam raised a Cain

Lost but not forgotten
From the dark heart of a dream

Adam raised a Cain



* Gracias. Las canciones de "Darkness" son canciones a las que siempre regreso. Todavía son de mis favoritas para tocar. Pero "Adam Raised A Cain", era religión, familia, y alguien dijo   que toda la ira del rock que se vierte sobre el padre. Y por supuesto sabes que en cierto modo, es verdad. Pero estaba hablando con Bob Coles en el backstage y me dijo: “tío, eso son canciones antiguas” y le dije: “sí, espero no aburrirte con la frase ‘Todos nacemos a esta vida pagando por los pecados del pasado de alguien’ porque yo perdí ni un segundo analizando ese punto”. No sería tan callado como aparento. Pero esas son canciones a las que siempre regreso, siempre significan algo para mí. Y sigo adelante con ello, con esta religión, padres e hijos, familia…una vez que empiezas a mezclarlo todo junto, vas a entregar, recibir y pedir…  (19-02-2003, Somerville, MA)

ADÁN ARMÓ UN CAÍN

Durante el verano que fui bautizado
Mi padre me mantuvo a su lado
Mientras me bañaban en el agua
Me contó lo mucho que lloré aquel día

Éramos prisioneros del amor
Un amor en cadenas
Él permanecía ante el portal
Yo permanecía bajo la lluvia
Con la misma sangre caliente
Ardiendo en las venas

Adán armó un Caín

Todos los viejos rostros
Preguntan porqué regresas
Te entregan una posición
Y las llaves del Cadillac de tu padre

En la oscuridad de tu habitación
Tu madre te llama por tu auténtico nombre
Recuerdas los rostros, los sitios, los nombres
Sabes que nunca acabará
Es despiadado como la lluvia

Adán armó un Caín

En la Biblia Caín mató a Abel
Y fue desterrado al este del Edén
Todos nacemos a esta vida pagando
Por los pecados del pasado de alguien

Papá trabajó toda su vida
Únicamente para sufrir
Ahora recorre las habitaciones vacías
Buscando alguna cosa que culpar
Heredas los pecados
Heredas las llamas

Adán armó un Caín

Perdido pero no olvidado
En el oscuro corazón de un sueño

Adán armó un Caín



2009



Versión acústica - 1996



Con la Seeger Sessions Band - 2006

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario