Vistas de página en total

lunes, 3 de diciembre de 2012

LEAH


* This is a song about wanting to have those things, a life....and the things that make you open up in front of other people and....this is sort of a song about a guy....stuck in-between the seeds of his own destruction, which we all merrily carry, and the seeds that make things grow and just figuring out how to barely come down on the right side....looking for those other things, that life....this is called ´Leah´ took the title from a Roy Orbison song about a pearl diver, a beautiful Roy Orbison song....Roy was one of those guys who could sing about anything, I met him and I went to his house one afternoon and he sang me this song about windsurfing and I said to myself, I didn’t say it to him, said ´ I don’t know windsurfing - it’s hard to pull that one off....surfing....it’s been done, it’s been big....but wind surfing´....it killed John Kerry in the election, you can’t pull that off, it’s hard to pull off....but the record came out and he had this beautiful song about windsurfing and it made me want to wind surf...so the title came from one of his records but there’s also a lady in the Bible.... (10-05-2005, St.Paul, MN)

LEAH

I wanna build me a house, on higher ground
I wanna find me a world, where love's the only sound
High above this road, filled with shadow and doubt
I want to shoulder my load, and figure it all out
With Leah

I walk this road, with a hammer and a fiery lantern
With this hand I've built, and with this I've burned
I wanna live in the same house, beneath the same roof
Sleep in the same bed, search for the same proof
As Leah

I got somethin' in my heart, I been waitin' to give
I got a life I wanna start, one I been waitin' to live

No more waitin', tonight I feel the light
I say the prayer
I open the door, I climb the stairs...


* Esta es una canción sobre desear tener esas cosas, una vida.... y las cosas que hacen abrirte delante de otra gente y....es una canción sobre un tipo....atrapado entre las semillas de su propia destrucción, que todos cargamos alegremente, y la semillas que hacen crecer las cosas y sobre descubrir cómo terminar en el lado correcto....buscando esas otras cosas, esa vida....se llama ´Leah´ tomé el título de una canción de Roy Orbison sobre un buceador de perlas, una hermosa canción de Roy Orbison....Roy era uno de esos tipos que podía cantar sobre cualquier cosa, le conocí y fuimos a su casa una tarde y me cantó esta canción sobre windsurfing y me dije, no se lo dije a él, dije ´ No sé de windsurfing, es difícil sacar eso.... surfing.... ya se ha hecho, ha sido bueno....pero windsurfing....eso mató a John Kerry en las elecciones, no debéis olvidarlo, es difícil.... pero salió el disco y contenía esta hermosa canción sobre windsurfing y me hizo querer windsurfear... el título proviene de ese disco, pero también había una mujer en la Biblia.... (10-05-2005, St.Paul, MN)

LEAH

Quiero construirme una casa, en terreno elevado
Quiero descubrir un mundo, con el amor de único sonido
Por encima de este camino, lleno de sombra y dudas
Quiero compartir mi carga y comprenderlo todo
Con Leah

Hago este camino, con un martillo y un reluciente farol
Con esta mano he construido y con esta he quemado
Quiero vivir en la misma casa, bajo el mismo techo
Dormir en la misma cama, desear la misma prueba
Que Leah

Tengo algo en mi corazón, que estoy esperando entregar
Tango una vida por empezar, que estoy esperando vivir

No más esperas, esta noche siento la luz
Digo la oración
Abro la puerta, subo las escaleras...






2005

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario